"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Healthy Eating and a Great Recipe

I'm writing this post because i'm so proud
 of my friend Judy at Gracious Southern Living
she is eating healthier and losing weight!

And to motivate everyone else she is hosting
a link party every week called
Weigh Less Wednesday where
you can post one of your favorite healthy
recipes.

This is an issue that I think we all struggle with.
I for one have fought my own battles...and still am.
I was always skinny...until two sweet little babies came
within 21 months of each other. Then I looked in
the mirror one day and realized that I had somehow gone 
from a size 2 to a size 12! 

Thanks to the help of the South Beach Diet and a trainer I
was able to get back to where I was....but that
was 6 years and no trainer ago.  And to be honest...
I haven't been eating the way I should lately.

I'm not back to a 12...half way there though...
so it's time to get back on track!

So thanks to Judy I wanted to
share with you one of my favorite
weight loss recipes

Smashed Cauliflower
(photo courtesy of All Recipes.com)

Pair it with a small grilled sirloin steak
a great salad with low calorie dressing
and some roasted tomatoes (one of my other favorites)
and I promise you will be stuffed!

Smashed Cauliflower

4 cups cauliflower florets
1 ounce "I can't believe it's not butter" spray
1 fluid ounce fat free half and half
pinch salt
pinch of pepper

Steam or microwave cauliflower until soft. 

Combine cooked cauliflower, butter spray, half and half, salt and pepper
in bowl and using fork or potato masher, mash until combined.
(some recipes call for you to puree it all together...
but I like it a little chunky...
plus then I don't have to clean the whole food processor)

While I realize it's not mashed potatoes...it really is good and at
only 30 calories per serving...how can you beat that?


All of this being said....there is one thing I firmly
believe in...no matter where you are on
the scale...it does not determine your worth as
a person!  Skinny does not equal an important person
any more than over weight equals a person of lesser value.

What really matters is the way you live your life...

be kind
be happy
be considerate of others
be comfortable in who you are
be loving towards your children and family
be thoughtful in everything you do

You never know the life you are touching at this very moment....
how do you want to be remembered?



Can you believe tomorrow is my one year
anniversary of starting this blog?
Wow time really does fly!

Linking to

Weigh Less Wednesday
at
Gracious Southern Living








4 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe, I have tried this before and it is quite delish! But more importantly, thank you for sharing your "live your life" suggestions. I agree that it wouldn't matter if you were a "perfect size" if you are unhappy in your life, if you don't have love and happiness, nothing else matters. What a great reminder!

Also, congrats on your 1 year anniversary. In December, 2011 I will have been blogging 4 years!!!!

Judy

Bring Pretty Back said...

Happy Blogaversary! Whoo hoo!!
Congrats!
I am TRYING so hard to eat healthier. Trying to cut out processed foods as much as possible. I am READY for summer so we can get veggies at a great price.
Thank you so much for the comment about the Bringing Pretty Back Beauty Co! I am so very excited! I HOPE I am on the right rollll!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Kathy said...

This is terrific! My husband and I are working hard on losing weight - my story is similar, but without a trainer -we are each other's cheerleader! With our children growing and going, neither of us on any type of medication, our health in pretty good shape except for the weight - we're determined to take good care of ourselves - so glad I stopped by - will have to check in on this weekly party!
Thanks,
Kathy

Jo said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will try this out in my diet meals. I love the line below:

no matter where you are on
the scale...it does not determine your worth as
a person!

Such beautiful words.. Thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails