"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Delighted to be an American

Happy 4th of July!!!
This boat went by our balcony this morning and I was able to catch the back of it as it sailed past me. At first I was disappointed not to have caught the whole boat...because she is a beauty!
But then as a was looking at the picture I realized just how lucky I was...
What a great picture for the 4th of July!
The flag on the back of the boat with the name of the boat being Dellited
(now i'm gonna guess that this guy either is a ceo of dell or owner?? Or something like that...because a lot of wealthy people own summer homes here..and given the name of his boat that's what i'm going with)
But for me I would like to interpret it as a lovely sign for the day....I am DELIGHTED to be given the chance to live in the land of the free.
I thank each and everyone of you who serve or have served our country so that we have that freedom.
Especially to my Dad who is a Vietnam Veteran!
Thank you!
So tonight as you are surrounded by your family, friends and loved ones.
I hope you are as delighted as I am and say a big thank you to those who sacrifice their own lives and safety so that we may share this holiday with those we love.

2 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Beautiful boat and great picture!
Happy 4th to you too! Off to the kiddie carnival in the 95 degree heat.

Patti said...

Loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing. The Inn looks beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails