"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Monday, March 8, 2010

What do little girls dream of?

"The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams"
~Oprah Winfrey
Flickr.com (dreaming of wonderland)


Flickr.com (LowryLou)


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rebecca-lily/sets/72157618848098255/show/with/3928584221/
Beautiful pictures.....take time to go look through them


Flickr.com


Last night my daughter and I were lucky enough to attend a Taylor Swift concert. And the coolest thing happened, she came out into the crowds and sang a song right next to the box we sat in. She was so close to us we could have touched her and then Taylor very graciously signed the kids tour books. She put on a wonderful show!
The reason I am telling you this is because as I sat there and watched my daughter through out the show I saw something in her eyes that blew me away. It was the look of a little girl with dreams and inspirations, a look of I can be anything I want to be. And as I watched I wondered so many things ~ What does she want to be? What does she dream of? Does she know just how special she is? And as adults how did we lose that magic and spirit in ourselves? Is it possible to find that again?
My hope for my children is that they find their happiness in whatever they do. And as for me I do think it's possible to find that magic again in ourselves, that childlike innocence of I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. Taylor may have put dreams and stars in my daughters eyes last night, but my daughter put them in mine!
"You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. That's where I'll be waiting"
~Tinkerbell







1 comment:

Mabel, Nickel Design said...

Please keep a copy of this blog for your kids! They will very much appreciate not only seeing this when they are older, but appreciating what a wonderful Mom you are when they have kids of their own. This is beautiful Amy!!

Love,
Mabel

Related Posts with Thumbnails