"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Other Home


What do you do when you need a new room to decorate? Why build another house of course! LOL! Now because my husband has a very even temperament (most of the time) he did not send me to the loony bin when I said to him one day.....do you think you could take all those old windows out back and make me a little house? Instead he very sweetly replied "why sure" (now those of you who know him know it was more sarcastic than anything) but build it he did. And he did an awesome job! So to start off my blogging adventures I am going to show you all my little house out back.



Everything i used to decorate it with I already had, minus the slipcover and pillows, which I made. I must have been channeling a seamstress because I can barely sew a button on straight. But the sewing gods aligned that day!






This is the house the day after completion!




My little table for tea parties. Or wine and cheese depending on the time of day and or my mood.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a winderful little house!!! I love the way you decorated it. I will keep coming back to check on what else you have 'created'.
Patti

Room to Inspire said...

What a beautiful space! I love it - and your pillows are perfect. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired this week, when you get a chance please add a link back to the party. Thanks! Chelsea

Recaptured Charm said...

Absolutely STUNNING!

Anonymous said...

Oh my I am in love with your window house!! What an awesomely fantastic idea! YOu are so going to enjoy this - will it breathe, in other words,is there a way to cool it when it gets warm?

lafamigliadesignllc said...

I absolutely love your room of windows! Very romantic setting! Monica

Mariah said...

Beautiful! Love the decorations, so elegant and perfect for the setting.

The Pineapple Room said...

Thanks everyone! I am so glad you all like the glass house. Mary Ellen, there are openings at the front and back peaks so that the wind will flow through...but it does get hot sometimes, we have electric out there so I am on the hunt for a couple of vintage fans. Until then i'll just keep making my husband fan me with palm fronds :)LOL

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous is this? I love it and linked it to my recycled glass greenhouses post too, you did a beautiful job!

Pondside said...

I'm here from Inspire me Heather - what a gorgeous little playhouse for you. I believe we have enough windows to do something like this, so I'll be back.

moaning minnie said...

is there any plans instructions for this??

Related Posts with Thumbnails